As much as men deny it, all women make the world go round...

As much as men deny it, all women make the world go round...

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Giesen Wine Tasting


Now I know I haven't posted lately and I DID say that I would do it regularly. But I've just been so busy with work and Uni that I really haven't had the time. So I do apologise to all of my loverrrly readers.

So, about three weeks ago at work, my boss - Mr Mark Bailley, Head Somme at the Botanical, declared that I would be "wine stewarding", I guess you could say, at the Giesen Wine Dinner.

The Host for the evening, who was to provide the wines, was David Le Mire MW (left), owner/operator of Vino Pronto and La Linea Wines. The food of course was to be prepared by new Head Chef Paul Cooper (former Sous Chef to Shane Osborne at Pied-a-Terre London).


As you could imagine I was absolutely packing my dacks as new owner Chris Morris, of Colonial Leisure Group (also owner of Computershare), Head Somme Mark and General Manager Ian Rayner were all sitting on the wine dinner.

The dinner consisted of four courses, each course with a wine flight. The first two course had three white wines (all Sauvignon Blanc) for each course and the last two courses had two red wines (all Pinot Noir) for each course.

Unfortunately, I have since lost the sheet detailing each course and the wine's with the wine flight. I can safely say though that there were four Giesen Wine's, the Sauv Blanc, The Brother's Sauv Blanc, Pinot Noir and The Brother's Pinot Noir - all drinking extremely right now. However, my pick of the bunch was the Ata Rangi Pinot we had to substitute because one of the red's (Domaine Chevalier) was corked.
What also should be noted is I accidently poured the Brother's Pinot Noir in the third course flight when it was meant to be in the fourth course flight. The result being I had to take back and replace 8 glasses, resulting in an extremely red face on my part.
However it was an extremely good night, I got the chat to David LeMire and a couple of the blokes from Negociants wines. I'm looking forward to stewarding the next wine dinner, minus the embarassment's.

No comments: